1. In previous entries you learned how Low Back Pain is the #1 Cause of disability worldwide and how Spinal Manipulation can help you. https://charlesseminars.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/how-does-a-chiropractic-adjustment-work-and-why-is-it-so-important-to-overall-health/
2. You have learned how a Chiropractic Adjustment Works and Why It is so important to Overall Health. https://charlesseminars.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/how-does-a-chiropractic-adjustment-work-and-why-is-it-so-important-to-overall-health/
3. You also saw how Precise Chiropractic Adjustments may help end America’s Opioid Epidemic. https://charlesseminars.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/how-does-a-chiropractic-adjustment-work-and-why-is-it-so-important-to-overall-health/
4. There was last week’s BLOG where Medscape Orthopedics reported that the fact that spinal manipulation works is now indisputable. https://charlesseminars.wordpress.com/2017/02/15/spinal-manipulation-for-back-and-neck-pain-does-it-work/
In addition to the above… a new guideline has emerged that came out in the prestigious Annals of Internal Medicine:
Noninvasive Treatments for Acute, Subacute, and Chronic Low Back Pain: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the American College of Physicians
In this paper, The American College of Physicians (ACP) developed a guideline to present the evidence and provide clinical recommendations on noninvasive treatment of low back pain.
They provided 3 recommended course of therapy. In the first 2 courses they recommended natural healing modalities such as massage, acupuncture and spinal manipulation. Only in the last one, and only if the patient DID NOT IMPROVE to natural therapies or to drugs such as acetaminophen and non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs such as Tylenol], do they recommend opioids (percocet, oxycontin. etc)
This is a watershed moment for several reasons:
- It halts the horrific pattern of giving people highly addictive drugs that are reportedly killing approximately 33,000 Americans annually. (and growing fast)
- It represents a breakthrough that the medical establishment recognizes spinal manipulation to be a first line treatment for people suffering with Low Back Pain.
If Medical Doctors and Doctors of Chiropractic along with acupuncturists, physical therapists and massage therapists can all get on the same page we can help make America the healthiest country in the world instead of the sickest as it currently ranks every year. https://www.nap.edu/catalog/13497/us-health-in-international-perspective-shorter-lives-poorer-health
In the meantime, if you were putting off getting your spine aligned get to a doctor of chiropractic – NOW. Ask your healthiest friends for a recommendation or you can find a good one here: http://www.charlesseminars.com/AKdoctors.html
You can read the Annals of Internal Medicine paper in its entirely at this site: http://annals.org/aim/article/2603228/noninvasive-treatments-acute-subacute-chronic-low-back-pain-clinical-practice
To your excellent health,
Dr. Eugene Charles